Thread: Please !!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #11
Becky

I realize that this board is split with several different populations. There are the Stage 4 battlers who are undergoing additional treatment (sometimes with success or they are onto something new). There are the women who are newly diagnosed - thrown into the new world of cancerland and beginning treatment, there are the caregivers - hungry to stay on top of things to help their significant other. There are also those who have finished treatment (regardless of initial Stage) and are NED.

Each population has some of the same needs (such as wanting to stay on top of the newest treatments and standards of care. Or the latest on lifestyle prevention measures/supplements etc). However, there may be different needs within populations. Never the less, we are a group who is here for each other. I admit, I feel for those who are not responding to treatment or have been thrown for a loop in finding new METs elsewhere. I can honestly say I feel guilty about it that I am ok for now (enough that I rarely ever say that I am ok for now). However, I also don't post about potential problems either (aches, headaches) etc.

If we can't post the good or post the bad or post the side effects (which might be next as one woman might have horrible and unusual side effects to a drug that might be out of the norm. That post might scare somebody - so now those things can't be posted?) When will it stop? I suppose when there is nothing else to be able to say, eh? There won't be anything we will be allowed to post about at all. We can come on and see the Articles of Interest but won't be allowed to post.

I don't read every post on the board and I don't read some individuals posts at all. I suggest others do the same because we are a family and we aren't all going to get along so ignore the folks you don't want to read. It works well. Try it.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote