View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 12:15 AM   #8
AbbyDawg

After a lifetime of low blood pressure and low cholesterol, I had to start both statin and blood pressure meds after chemo and first year on Arimidex.

Years ago, (BC - before cancer) I even had to take meds to raise my blood pressure because it was too low. My cardiologist at the time told me to put extra salt on my food, but said if I ever told anyone he had told me to do it, he was going to deny it! smile. Now after being on several different BP meds, I still can't get my resting heart rate under 100-110.

Whose body is this that I am dragging around these days?!? Yesterday I convinced myself to buy a 24 pk of pop because it was only $1.00 more than a 12 pk. Nearly collapsed carrying it up the 15 stairs to my apt. and had to stop three times. Got in the apt. with a heart rate of 152 and a muscle spasm in my shoulder for the rest of the night and today. Who took my old body that could carry 80 pound bags of marble rock -- one on each hip -- and still have my hands free?!?

Seriously though, I am three years out from my double mastectomy, chemo, Arimidex, and 9 months on the Tykerb TEACH trial. I stopped the Arimidex a couple months ago cuz my body just said No More and I needed a break to scrape myself off the floor. Will I ever get my strength back?
AbbyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote