View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
Mary Jo

Hi Carolyn....Yep, normal, normal you are.

I am approaching my 4 year cancerversary and just said to my husband the other day ..... "wow, 4 years already.......remember when it was all so scary and all I did was fret EVERYDAY." Haha....YEP....he remembered.

The first year was tough but while actively going through treatment it was a bit easier. I guess just knowing I was DOING something helped me a bit. Year one to two was HELL...and I mean that in every sense of the word. Dreaded recurrence was ALL I could think about. I swear to you (and my husband would back me up on this 'cause he was the poor fellow who had to hear of my new recurrence each day) everyday I had a new cancer....that ache/pain/cough etc. was cancer....I WAS SURE OF IT!

Anyway Carolyn, YES, what you are experiencing is very normal....expected really. You really wouldn't be normal if you didn't go through this phase of your journey. BUT, pick up on what I said there.....it's a PHASE......and I PROMISE you...this too shall pass. Stay close to God - pray - stay active and one day this "worry constantly" phase will be behind you.

As Chrissy said...."one day you will realize that you didn't think of cancer" this hour - or this 1/2 day - or this whole day or even a week.

Sending you a big encouraging hug. You're getting their sweetie.......treatment is important and you are doing well.........

Love and God's Peace I pray for you today.

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED