View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 12:26 PM   #27
Carolyns

Hi Rich,
Thank you for your thoughts and ideas. I am no expert on this issue either but I am trying to get up to speed fast. I have watched in horror as I saw other people trying to outline the issue in order to get treatments approved.

My doctor feels (as I do) that TDM1 shows the most promise for me and my particular situation. That is what matters most to me. I feel that I should not be excluded if my doctor feels that it is what is best and I agree.

If not TDM1 then (so far) it would be Doxil. I have had CAF and I am concerned about possible heart issues. Also, as a single mom with a full time job my ability to work while in treatment is important to me. I think that even if I didn't have a full time job I would still deserve the option to get into a clinical trial that is my next best option. Every choice in this setting is just a roll of the dice with our best educated guess. I don't think that just because I have been heavily pretreated that I should be closed out of or excluded from trials.

With regard to the Parp trials, so far my doctor has not felt that those are a next logical choice for me. I will ask again.

My scenario with TDM1 exclusions so far were:
1st attempt - not heavily pretreated enough to qualify.

2nd attempt - no previous use of Xeloda which was a requirement to enter trial.

3rd attempt - New trial requires no previous use of Xeloda (which I went on in part to meet a requirement of my second attempt to get into the trial).

I continue to hope that I can receive TDM1 without exclusion. That said, I am still searching for something else as a plan b. I am just amazed at the fact that this situation with trial exclusion for incurable patients still stands.

Love, Hope, Peace,
Carolyn
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote