View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 07:54 AM   #24
Colleens_Husband

Marie:

I helped Colleen with her mother's hospice care and it was an extremely hard time for Colleen. Colleen and her sister, Kim, took care of their mother in home while working full time. I admire their strength and dedication, but I also know that they tried to keep their mother out of hospice care for far too long. When Kim had a car wreck driving home after taking care of their mother due to exhaustion, it became obvious to everyone that their mother should have been in hospice much earlier. So when is the best time to go to hospice? Only you will know.

Each state and each insurance company has different rules which are sometimes strange and Byzantine under the best of circumstances. MaryJo gave you some very wise advice, go to the hospice today and get your ducks in a row while your coping skills are able to deal with things you will not want to hear, talk about, or think about.

Marie, I find it very sad that you even need to think about hospice but I will pray for you and Ed. I pray that Ed has a turn-around and that you and Ed will share many more years together. I also pray that if that is not in God's will that you and Ed have an abundance of strength.

Marie, please take excellent care of yourself.

Lee

Diagnosed in September 2007
ER-/PR-/HER2 Neu+++ 2.1 cm x .9 cm spicluted tumor with three fingers, Stage 2B
Sentinal node biopsy and lymph node removal with 3/18 positive in October 2007
4 TAC infusions
lumpectomy March 2008, bad margins
Re-excision on June 3rd, 2008 with clean margins
Fitted for compression sleeve July 16, 2008
Started the first of two TCH infusions August 14, 2008
Done with chemo and now a member of the blue dot club 9/17/08
Starting radiation October 1, 2008
life is still on hold