View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
Carolyns

Hi Jennifer,

I am sorry that Joy is not feeling well. It is comforting to know that you are there for her. I have heard that the new chemo she is on is a rough one to handle. So, it would be expected that she would feel bad - from the chemo. It stinks but hopefully it is working and beating back the cancer. You could google the chemo for side effects. As far as he constipation goes, it is unbelievable how much pain that can cause. Please do not under estimate the role this is playing in her discomfort. I had that problem for a while and I thought the worst... turned out to be constipation. I learned that you must try to be preventative in that area.

Once I was really low and had an extremely tough round of chemo. I needed to go in for IV fluids and that helped a great deal. At that time I was also having issues with constipation.

It is really tough to stay positive when you feel so crumby. Please reach out to her doctor and get some relief for the constipation. PS - she should not take suppositories (sp???).

Please give Joy our best and keep us posted.

Love, Hope, Peace, Carolyn

Last edited by Carolyns; 05-13-2009 at 07:43 PM..
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote