View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #18
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Smile You are not alone

Dear sweet Lisa,

We all can relate to what you are feeling. I was grimly told in '98 (having recurred after my initial dx in '95) that my Stage 4 highly aggressive form of bc, w/2 lymph nodes involved and now found throughout my liver -- "what you have is inoperable, incurable and you will be on long term chemotherapy for the rest of your life". I, and those like me, were told our prognosis was poor. I was terrified. I felt decimated and defeated, despite my generally optimistic take on Life.

But, I listened to my Inner Voice, which told me to toss all the books full of lousy statistics aside. (My husband read it all and looked like he was preparing to plan my funeral.) I told him to forget about my dying, I planned on living for many decades to come! And I absolutely meant what I said. I began reading Wayne Dyer and Gary Zucav and my whole world became transformed. Now I turn to Eckhart Tolle and Naomi Remen. CHECK OUT MY SIGNATURE FOR MY STORY...

A *diagnosis* is not a decree. It is an opinion. Based on a lot of old statistics -- which in turn alarm people (naturally)-- so they become swept away with a sense of doom -- and they further worsen their chances of survival in the process! Crazy, no? We become ensnared in self-prophesizing our fate (in accordance w/past odds), perpetuating the ugly stats... WE BECOME CAUGHT IN A WEB OF FEAR.

I've learned that cancer is all about fear. Conquer the fear and you will live to tell your tale. You'll become a miracle patient that docs and nurses will talk about and report to others about! That's me. I have moved into the 1% club. And you know what? I AM GIVING YOU A PERSONAL INVITATION TO JOIN ME!

So, long ago I consciously used my power of choice to focus my energy on living AS IF I am healthy and well, or working my toward that. Living AS IF what I want is on its way to me! Consequently, I live in joy and in love with Life. I truly treasure each person I hold special in my life. I say I love you more. I hug more. I feel serene, KNOWING I am back in control of my future. I shun fear (sure I have my moments, and I breathlessly experience the emotions that come with the scary possibilities that tend to loom up -- I am human; I am not a fool!), but then I move onward and upward as quickly as I possibly can. I decidedly *reauthor* the thoughts that live in my head and play out all day long.

Why? Now this is important! I KNOW that my body, and the Universe, hear everything my mind so much as thinks let alone whispers. Whether it is a passing thought or a drone of obsessive and fearsome ideas. Emotions and images come with our thoughts. So when I tell my body, and the Universe, that I am genuinely grateful for the blessing of each day, for the beauty that fills the world, for those I have in my life that I cherish -- I am getting my body, AND the Universe to collude with me and help manifest my desired destiny...

Someone has survived your specific kind of cancer. If one person can do that -- so can you! Who are the ones who survive? I believe I have learned they are the ones who make their EXPECTATION clear! They are those who live with an open heart, as a vessel for Universal Love. Who act with compassion and generosity of Spirit and express their ever grateful feelings for all they have with their words and deeds regularly.

I do not linger on what I would like to change that is unchangeable. I want my breast back, for example. I want the years of chemotherapy and it's lingering and dastardly awful side effects to disappear. Wasted energy! Instead, I am filled with the elation of being alive, experiencing the honor of living to see not only my first grandchild born, but 5!!!!! I feel so lucky. So blessed.

Lisa, I hope my words help you, and anyone seeking to find harmony midst chaos.

In your darkest moments, stop and step outside yourself. Become The Witness, The Observer. See your story with a new perspective. As you do this, you will be going within to your Truest Self, connecting with your radiant, eternal Soul that is full of eons of wisdom and more Love than you can possibly imagine. You will then become PERSONALLY EMPOWERED, which is the purpose of your Life. To grow and evolve and become more than you ever were. To make your dreams become reality, with the power of your thoughts, your Spirit and it's divine energy!

Sending you love,
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote