Thread: The Campfire
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #66
Bill

Bren, I'm sorry to hear about your friend Jack. Whenever I'm around our bon-fire, I feel closer to those that we've lost. I know that Jack and all of our other Angels are there with us. Now, as for the outhouse.....I'm sorry, but I cannot allow it. Any outhouse that is erected by day will become part of the bonfire the following night. If we have an outhouse, then everyone will want a light in it, and then running water to it, and then the next thing you know, people will be erecting small shacks around the campfire to sit in in case of inclement weather, and before long, some wise-guy will build a really nice shack on a cement slab and build a fireplace in it and nobody will tend to the bonfire and it will go out,,,,,,,,,,. I'm sorry, but no out-houses. I haven't mentioned this before, but there is a stream about 20 yards east of here. I have set up a small fishing camp along the bank at about 150 degrees on the compass. Another trail hits the stream at about 30 degrees. My idea- the ladies have the northern trail and the men have the southern trail. If you see a man on the northern trail, Brenda has my permission to "wing" him with her BB gun. Whenever a man has to answer the call of Nature, he must clearly announce, "I feel a need to go check our fishing lines" and then he simply walks down the southern trail. The women must come up with an excuse to take the northern trail, and do likewise. Maybe something like, "so-and-so, I think I dropped my lip-stick on the northern trail, can you please help me come look for it?" or something like that. If we allow an out-house, everything would change.