View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #10
KellyA

I remember that NOTHING felt better than an ice cold washcloth on my bare head when I wasn't feeling well.

Funny story- During chemo, I would often try new looks- wigs (all colors), hats, etc. My husband never knew if he was coming home to a blonde or brunette. One day I tried this PLATNIUM blonde wig and wore it when I went to school to pick up my boys. One of my girlfriends called me the next day to tell me that my middle son, Ari, was soooo excited at school and told everyone that his mom looked just like Paris Hilton. Well, I thought that was hysterical. The next day was NOT a good day, and I could barely get out of bed to get them from school. I threw on a black felt hat, with no scarf underneath (so you could really see the bald head), no makeup or anything. Man did I look sick. When I pulled up in the car, Ari stood on the sidewalk horrified. I couldn't even get him in the car. When he finally got in, he told me I looked like Freddy Krugar (sp?). You couldn't help but laugh, you know?! I said, "What the heck happened to Paris Hilton?!?!?!" LOL

A bittersweet moment I will never forget.

Love, Kelly
Stage 2b, 2 tumors- 2.2 cm and 0.6 cm, 3/5 + nodes
all scans clear
genetic testing- negative
06/06 began dd A/C x 4, 12 weekly Taxols w/ Herceptin
30 rads
Herceptin weekly x 1 year
Herceptin completed 08/07
Port removed 12/26/07 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
05/17/08 Two year anniversary NED

"We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing that you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

KellyA is offline   Reply With Quote