Hello Sweetie
On our journeys we always have the right to say NO, for these are choices we make with the information being supplied. Even when something is in our best interest we can say NO. When Ed went for the brain MRI before our cruise we were going to wait for the results until after; we chose to get them before and we even were able to get the Gamma Knife before that vacation.
Follow your heart because there are choices here that you can make. One being "I shall wait until after the New Year" or maybe get that scan and not the results (I am not that strong).
Ed is in a difficult situation here that leaves us almost powerless against what choices to follow through on. The thing is, even knowing we need to repeat the Gamma Knife, this little darling has the right to still say NO. With that being said....
In our experience on this tiring journey I have learned a few things. One of them is that by being on top of things we have avoided many more potential problems than the problem at hand. There is no good time for bad news but good news is always welcomed.
If you were to ask me if you should, I would say YES. If the news is good than the holidays are more the better. If the news is concerning the holidays might be dampened a tad but you would be able to get a game plan together to attack after the New Year. We always want to know. Good or bad....allows us to celebrate or fight.
This has to be up to your heart, follow it. Take all of your knowledge and the journeys of others and put them to work. You will make the right choice for you! No matter what the decision we will be right here awaiting your answer. Best luck.
I love you>>Believe51
__________________
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
|