View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 09:36 AM   #6
laurie2007

I have been on Navelbine and Herceptin weekly since January 2008. Other that low white blood cells counts that resulted in them skipping a week here and there, I only had one signficant side effect. I had severe muscle pain in my quads, hamstrings, calves, and feet - cramping. It was debilitating and it took nearly six weeks after Navelbine was stopped for the pain to get to about 10% of what is was. Strange side effect - doc (Dana Farber trained) was stumped but we're all differently. Minor side effects were some slight fatigue, and one incident of thrush that went away within a week with treatment. Best of luck with your treatment!
1999 dx invasive cancer along with DCIS. Invasive is small (.4 and .1) but also microscopically multifocal.(several microscopic areas of invasive cancer). Also lymphovascular invasion. After mastectomy, biggest piece of cancer they found was 4mm. In aggregate, about one cm if not slightly more. Chemo not recommended and px was excellent. ER +, HER neg. Tamoxifen 5 years.
11/07, mets in both lungs, bones (not legs or arms), and skin. ER + and FISH test was 2.5 so mutated into HER2N+. . Arimidex 11/07 - 3/08, Navelbine and Herceptin weekly 1/08 - 8/08. Tamoxifen + Herceptin 8/08 - 1/09. Tykerb/Zeloda 3/09- 7/10. Doxil 8/10- 11/10. Clinical trial 12/10 - 4/11. Taxol + Herceptin 6/11 - 8/11. Gemzar 9/11 - current. Intermittent radiation for lesions on skin, hips, chin nerve, sinus bleeding. Watching and waiting and hoping for a miracle.
laurie2007 is offline   Reply With Quote