View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 08:28 PM   #8
Bill

Thanks, Brenda. My advice, for what it's worth, is to abstain from using as many packaged products as possible. I'm only reiterating what many people here and elsewhere have already said. Try to slowly cut all sweeteners and high-salt foods and high fat food from your diet. All packaged foods should be cut out, too. Do I do that? No, but I try to as much as possible. Personally, I feel the best physically and emotionally when I eat only fresh fruits and veggies during the day, along with a daily dose of low sodium V-8 and yogurt, and a handful of raw almonds, walnuts, and unsalted sunflower seeds throughout the day. I eat no meat during the day (and very little animal fat, and that helps keep my energy level up) but at night, I generally fix a one skillet meal- chicken, broc, evoo, garlic, spices, or salmon, spinach, evoo, garlic, etc. On the weekends, I try to make a big pot of something healthy that will last a few days. I know that's easier for me to do than some, but I guess what I'm saying is that the less pre-packaged meals we eat, the better it is for us.