View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 12:03 AM   #12
Lien

Dear Dana,

I'm sorry you had to be subjected to that kind of gobbledycock. And I think it's a good thing you showed your co-workers that cancer is not a walk in the park, emotionally speaking. You've made things easy for them by being brave, but they should know that it's been hard for you.

About the positive attitude: My Mom was an optimist, always brave, always ready to face things that came her way, always having fun. She died from cancer of the esophagus. My Dad, on the other hand, is a worryer, an eternal pessimist, and sometimes a bit of a hypochondriac. He survived prostate cancer.

I am an optimist, I laugh a lot, I believe I will be ok. I had breastcancer.

Laughing is good for the immunes system, but most cancer cells have found a way to mislead the immune system.

Someone who has had cancer is entitled to being emotional. Your co-workers just don't know how to deal with it. They probably were just as surprised when you teared up as you were. They will get over it!

Hugs to you!

Lien
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote