View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 07:19 PM   #6
madubois63
Senior Member
 
madubois63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 660
Mary Anne - they do have that test. I am sure someone will chime in with info about the test.

Julie - I would wait until the scans to before making any changes or decisions, but certainly research and have info ready to discuss with your onc. I personally would rather do everything possible (and I have) to keep things at bay or to beat it back and earn NED status. My very dear friend, not HER2+ and ER?PR- listened to her onc and waited to do any chemo. It was a total mistake and way too late to do anything when she took her last breath. I know people don't want to hear the bad side of cancer, but I am still very angry at my dear Stephanie's onc for not doing anything. Go with your heart, make the best decision FOR YOU and don't let anyone try and force you in to something you don't want to do. Good luck and God bless you and your decision...
__________________
Maryann
Stage IV Inflammatory BC 1/00
Mod Rad Mastectomy 24nod/5+
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver
BC mets to lung 11/07
Fasoladex Herceptin Zometa Xeloda
GVHD/Iron overload to liver
Avascular Necrosis/morphine pump 10/10
metastatic brain tumor
steriotactic radiosurgery
madubois63 is offline   Reply With Quote