View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 01:48 PM   #16
Ruth

I liked John Edwards, I really did. But for whatever reason (if there can be one) he strayed. It is particulary unbelievable to us because she has cancer. But it has happened so many times in the past and will happen in the future. Whether it is a president or the convenience store clerk down the street. I would hate to have my spouse in the public eye and so much attention drawn to myself and my children when something like this happens. I can't help but think of their children. Those poor babies. I know we can't understand how she can defend him but I am pretty sure it is to protect her children as much as she can. If she goes out and bashes him on TV we all feel good about it but her kids feel more horrible than they probably already do. You try to protect your kids as much as you can but with the internet, cell phones, TV and friends it is a HUGE task. There is nothing more damaging to kids than parents fighting...even if one is wrong and the other right. They don't see it like that. It just hurts them.
This whole news just is so disappointing. I really hate politics!
Ruth

Diagnosed 6/03 nursing daughter
Dose dense A/C 4x
Modified rad mast 8/03
IDC; 3 cm; 10+/16 nodes; ER/PR-; Her2+++
Weekly taxol w/Herceptin (off label) 12x's
40 weeks Herceptin
Radiation 33x
Reconstruction w/ implants 05 & 07
NED
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote