View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 05:10 AM   #17
naturaleigh

Becky,
Rhoda never said if this girl had a lumpectomy or a mastectomy. I had a mastectomy and STILL had to go through radiation. I had bad feelings about it from the get-go and I wish more than anything I did not go through with it. I questioned it every step of the way and all my radiologist and my onc could tell me is this is what is in the literature. I was hoping to have an Ace in the hole in case I did have a recurrance. Since radiation still does not guarantee that you will not have a recurrance, I felt that if I did recur, then I would do radiation to help blast those cell to oblivion. My feelings were I had the mastectomy did the year and a half of chemo/herception. I felt great, still had lots of energy and was well on the road to recovery. The rads drained my energy from me, my lungs still hurt to the day and I my energy has yet to return.
I still think she needs to listen to her inner self and do what she feels is right for her. From what my onc always says "no ones cancer is the same" so why do they treat everyone the same?

Just my two cents about Radiation

er, pr-, Her2+++
Stage 2b, grade 3
negative nodes
4 rounds AC
3 months of weekly taxol
1 yr of Herceptin
Finish Herceptin May 2007
35 rounds of Radiation
Reconstruction completed Dec 2007
Implant replaced due to infection Mar 2008
4 Years NED!!!