View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 01:43 PM   #65
tricia keegan

Pink girl, love the discussion here and can identify with your thoughts and am every bit as confused as you.
I've just celebrated my third year out and was feeling good in believing totally herceptin had changed the stats for me and I was one of the lucky one's.
I say this because two of my friends dx with me have had recurrance's, one to the liver and passed very quickly and one who is still in horrendous tx having had a huge tumour growing on her spine the whole time she did chemo with me!!
I was feeling confident, this evening I sit here with a pain in my knee, it's been there over a week and if still there next week will have the attention of my onc but...suddenly I have that dull scared feeling in the pit of my stomach and wonder if this it???
God do we ever get over this fear??
I doubt it and imagine I'll never have a pain that is just a pain anymore but mets somewhere in my mind. I think cancer does'nt just affect the body but no matter how positive the personality it always has a profound effect on the mind too.
Thanks again for bringing it up!
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote