View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 07:13 AM   #8
Unregistered

Unhappy Depression and Nutrition

Hello everyone -
My name is Digna and I am 36 years old. I was diagnosed with BC in 2006, a week after my 35th birthday. I am a slight stage-2 BC due to the size of tumor. HER2NEU positive. I had 7 1/2 weeks of radiation, just finished herceptin in April 2008. In February, I had hysterectomy due to cyst forming on my ovaries. Through it all, I managed to work full-time. I tried to stay home while going through chemo and lasted only a week. I was feeling sorry for myself and cried the whole time I was at home. So, I thought that being around people may take my mind off my personal situation and it did. It was hard at first, I didn't even want to see anyone, which was hard because I manage 220 employees and they all have problems, some are worse than what I was going through. Work was therapy for me!!

Anyway, I wanted to find out information about what food to avoid to prevent from BC form coming back. I am now on remission and I feel like a ticking time bomb and don't really know what to do. Is it normal to feel like you are just there existing... It could be hormonal, but I am just not sure. I hate to ask my oncology about it, I feel like I am whining or what have you. I was fine while I was going through the treatment, it's the post-treatment that got me down. Any suggestions! You can email me at deethomas1071@yahoo.com. Thank you so much!!