View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #5
swimangel72

Krista my ears started ringing a couple of years ago, before I was dx'd. I didn't pay any particular attention to it, until I started getting spells of vertigo. My PCP sent me to an ENT doctor who diagnosed a problem with my inner ear "crystal"......he said sometimes it gets out-of-place, due to aging, or whiplash. I believe mine was caused by riding too many roller-coasters that summer! My ENT performed a procedure called an "Epli Maneuver" which totally cured the vertigo. He said ringing in the ears is very common with aging and with this condition - I also had an audiologist check my ears - and I also had an MRI of the brain to check for any abnormalities - but everything was fine. I still get the ringing in the ears - most notably on my right side - and most noticeable at night. Why night? Because everything bothers me at night when there's nothing else to distract me from aches, pains or noises in my ears. It's something I've just learned to live with. But I hope you'll get yours checked out soon - if your ringing is a side-effect to your chemo, then hopefully it'll stop when you stop treatment. Good luck Krista!
IDC Stage 1, Grade 1
ER+ 90% /PR+ 90% /Her2++++, BRAC1 & 2 neg
3/5/08 - mast with muscle-sparing free tram;
0/7 nodes clear; Stage 1 lymphedema in right arm
3/11/08 - MRSA infection in abdomen causes large hernia
4/11/08 - Oncotype DX score 22 (intermediate)
4/12/08 - Muga score 67%
4/23/08 - Chemo, Navelbine and Herceptin every 2 weeks
8/20/08 - Last Navelbine infusion! Yay!
1/22/09 - First mammo since dx - unaffected breast CLEAR!
1/30/09 - Second Muga score 63%
swimangel72 is offline   Reply With Quote