View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #8
abitjaded

Yeah, I just like to complain. I know the poor drug companies need feedback. Especially in the light of Oncologists opinions like mine who say, when asked: Remember to read with a gruff Brooklyn accent, spoken out of the side of your mouth: "Well, I've heard it ain't all it's cracked up to be." The women at the meeting obviously put paid to that comment.

I actually love focus marketing groups. There is one near our house that is always trying to recruit my sons. There is a great lady who calls and always prompts my sons for the right answers so they can participate and get big bucks. Usually junk food testing (they usually fail, cause we don't eat it) but this woman gets them in.

Plus, having worked under Fed and State Grants as a FED and State employee we never got any perks (no Christmas party, no comp lunches, no nothing). The drug companies always had some slush funds so we could at least go out to dinner at Scientific meetings. Or attend really nice parties at interesting places. They have always kept a lot of my science friends in funds during dry periods in lost grants.

Carla
abitjaded is offline   Reply With Quote