View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 05:24 PM   #19
Carol Carlson

Well, I bit the bullet and went for the left breast reduction 2 weeks ago.
Everything went well and the plastic surgeon who I love and does amazinglyling good work ( from what I hear) also revised the nipple on the affected side, which was askew. I now have 2 "B"s and I am already so much more comfortable just 2 weeks post-op. I had very little discomfort.
I have to wear a bra 24hours a day for 6 weeks. And they need to open in the front to faciltate putting on ointments and dressings when needed. Not to get too graphic but for those of you interested, the drainage stopped after one week. I still have some bruising but the incinsions are healing very well. The sutures will come out next week. I have actually worn blouses that have been in my closet for almost 4 years !!!!! And a few cotton shirts even with my soft shapeless bras that I"m still wearing.
I stayed in the hosp. 1 night I had a drain in overnight and that was removed before discharge.
The surgeon said it will be about 3 months before the tissue fully relaxes.
I was assured pre-op that there will be no difficulty in accurately reading a mammo which was a concern for me.
I am SO HAPPY I had it done.
After 3 1/2 years of being uncomfortable with bra fittings and not being able to wear clothes that were hanging in my closet, it is already, after only 2 weeks, such a great feeling.
I have to wait another 4 weeks ( 6 week total ) before I can do anything strenuous like playing golf, etc.
I really appreciate all the positive feed back from my initial question and the support I received when I was on the fence about having it done.
Also just a side note. -- the only people who knew I was having it done was my husband, son, daughter and best friend. I made to appt., had the surgery and told a few other people AFTER. I just figured it was a personal matter and didn't want to listen to all the chatter about it. But that's me.
Thank you all again for your support and I feel great......
If any one has any questions ... ask away.
Love, Carol
Carol Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote