View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #11
Louise O'Brien

One more thing...

Is it just me? I'm now filling a "donate" bag with some of the clothing I wore during treatment. I know it seems like a waste but I just don't want to be reminded of this past stage in my life.

I had two button down tees which made it easier to access the portacatch. Gone! I can't stand to have them around. Vests to cover up one flat side. Gone! Humungous fleece shirts again to cover up a lopsided profile. Outahere. I spent a fortune on some very funky caps to wear last summer (because I hated my wig). They did the trick and were very fashionable but I just don't want to see them around any more. Tomorrow I'm taking them to the cancer clinic so they can be passed on to someone else. I just don't want to wear them any more.

I hope it's about moving on as opposed to denial. Has anyone else gone through the same thing?

I remember reading a while ago about Becky moving to a new home - and that I totally understand. We're content to stay where we are - but if the place I lived in just wasn't right - I can understand wanting to finally find the "right" place.

It's quite a journey isn't it?
Louise O'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote