View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 10:15 PM   #14
weezie1053

I too am guilty of doing more lurking lately. While on chemo and then Herceptin, I spent many a sleepless nights learning and listening from the experiences of so many who opened up the hearts and souls to help others, including me. Now that I am one of the fortunate ones to have completed chemo and Herceptin, I fight to stay awake whereas I use to fight to get a night's sleep due to the chemo. I am back to working full-time because "I can." I am also raising my 6-year old grandson due to my daughter's own illness/recovery with addiction. The downside is that I miss being a part of such a strong group of individuals who give so unselfishly.

Insofar as jumping on a raw nerve every now and then, I compare the differences of opinion to sisterhood. I have three sisters. Yes, occasionally, we jump on each others frassled nerves, but it doesn't mean we don't care for each other. Sisters are very free with opinions...some welcomed...some unwelcomed. I am glad to be a part of this sisterhood (including Bill, Joe and others).

My Yankee Catholic mother was a civil rightist way before her time (in the 50's), and she use to tell us, "If we were all alike what a boring world it would be."

Joe, thank you for never allowing us to be bored.

Love,

Louise
  • Taxol/Herceptin combo- 12 weekly treatments;
  • Completed chemo - 2/07; completed restruction 02/07; reduction of left breast.
  • BRCA 1 and 2 negative - 6/15/07;DX high risk for distant recurrence
  • MRI, 08/02/07 - NED
  • 1 year Anniversary - 09/07; completed Herceptin 11/07.
  • Mammo 02/14/08 - NED; MRI - 08/2008 - NED
  • 2 year Anniversary - 09/08
  • Mammo 02/09 - NED; MRI - 08/09 - NED
  • 3rd year Anniversary - 09/09
  • 5th Annivery - 09/2011 - NED
weezie1053 is offline   Reply With Quote