View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Instructions For Victory

Some take their problems and put them in God's hands. Many pray and light candles. Each of us seeks the realization of our dreams in varying ways. I heartily respect each person's method of coping with the adversities they face in life. I hope that others, who disagree with my spiritual beliefs, would allow me to air them. It is my desire to inspire those struggling to a get a foothold, blown away by the harshness of their lot. We can each learn from one another. And in the end, we must reach for grace, share our thoughts and state our views with loving energy. We are joined together to learn, to support one another, and treat one another with dignity -- for the betterment of each and every one of us. Here are the ways I have discovered that serve to help me to keep my head above water, while bringing me a beautiful quality of life I had not even imagined was possible...

So, I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT HAVAH. AND MICHELLE. AND KIM. AND FLORI. AND MANY WHO HAVE PMd ME, AND WHO I KNOW LURK, SEARCHING. I THINK OF KATE, AND CHRISY. AND HERMIRACLES. ED, MARIE'S MOM AND MARIE. THIS IS FOR ALL WHO ARE LOOKING FOR A PATH TO HELP THEM DEAL, ALONG W/MEDS AND RADS AND GAMMA KNIVES AND SUCH... May my words touch you, make you think and empower you. If you read this and feel offended, please know it is never my intention to do anything but be helpful and inspiring. I speak from my heart. From my experience. This is what works for me:

...When brooding overcomes me, I remind myself that I am disconnected. From my Spirit and from my spirituality. I am suffocating my Soul and denying a profound Truth.

...So, I troll my thoughts and refuse to harbor unhealthy fears and worries anymore.

...How is that attainable? Every time a diminishing thought arises -- I commit to PEACE. And to being HEALTHY AND WELL! NO MORE CANCER! I tell this to my body, and to the Universe aloud, lest there be any confusion!

...I refuse to be enslaved by taunting, tortuous thoughts and images. They occur and I briefly address them. I acknowledge them, air them (in writing, in conversation, out loud to myself) and I then decidedly turn them away! They are a useless waste of my valuable time.

...I seek to cultivate tranquility. THIS IS MY MISSION. AND IT WILL NEVER END. I AM THE KEEPER OF THE FLAME OF HOPE. EVERY HOUR OF EVERY DAY IT IS MY TASK TO NURTURE THE FLAME AS I CHERISH THE DIVINITY THAT DWELLS WITHIN ME.

...I identify myself as a Soul, with a mind and a body. I believe the Soul is comprised of fragments of the energy of my divine Source. Thus, each of us is worthy of respect and dignity.

...I have compiled a list of *mantras* that are full of: Joy, inspiration, serenity, kindness, the sincere desire to understand those who act differently, generosity of Spirit and humble gratitude for the many blessings that fill my life. These are sentences that are full of Love and Awe, Belief and Awareness of the gift of Personal Empowerment bestowed upon each of us upon our birth into this world.

...Our freedom of personal choice allows us to become armed with the power to change paths and alter our destiny. We are each the Captain of our Soul, the Master of our Fate, as I have read in poem.

...The trials that face us do not define us. How we choose to respond speaks of who we truly are. I seek to be a role model for my children and my grandchildren and for those who come with me and after me. It motivates me to greater things.

...I have learned that we have the power to choose our thoughts as we choose what we wear. I choose to control my thoughts rather than the other way around. It can be done. It is not easy, nor is anything worthwhile. This is not about repression or denial. It is about admitting to the existence of: Uncertainty, vulnerability, insecurity, tension, distress, anger, blame, resentment, remorse, grief for our Selves and our inability to forgive. Each of these emotions is hazardous to our health. This is about reaching deep within ourselves, and upward to our Higher Selves. I reach for fortitude and resolve to dismiss negative patterns of thinking and seeing. Shunning them from my mind, my health and my life.

...I live AS IF what I desire is already on its way to me. I make my Intention clear and my Expectation passionately, vividly and explicitly known -- to my body, to the Universe and to all I encounter. As I hear my words, my dream becomes stronger and determination even more deeply reinforced!

...I am aware that self-sabotaging thoughts may become habitual and familiar. So, I consciously choose to let go of such thinking, along with the horrid scenarios that come along with such thoughts.

...I KNOW well that what we BELIEVE will become our reality. So I never forget that if I cannot learn to master my negative thinking -- I will know neither peace nor victory.

...With practice and ongoing effort, constant vigilance and monitoring of my thoughts for destructive thinking and images -- I can arrest them at the moment of their arising. THIS IS NOT ONLY POSSIBLE -- IT IS ESSENTIAL TO THE QUALITY OF MY LIFE AND MY LIFE ITSELF!!

...The power of our thoughts is visceral! A specific energy is emitted from us and is sent into the Universe on varying frequency waves, with differing vibrational qualities. Positivity is transmitted at a higher, faster rate of speed. Negativity is lower and slower. THE UNIVERSE SENSES WHAT YOU BROADCAST AND RESPONDS -- IN KIND. So, KNOWING this is miraculously empowering!

...The Universe will rearrange molecules and send manifestations of your thoughts to you, in accordance with the energy that compose your thoughts, and in accordance with Universal Law. I KNOW this with all my heart. Therefore, I consciously choose to call -- what I *want* -- rather than what I *fear the most* -- directly to me (the source of that energy). I BELIEVE THAT WHAT I DWELL ON ALL DAY WILL DETERMINE HOW I WILL FARE, AND HOW I WILL FEEL.

This is sent w/loving healing energy from my Soul...
Andi

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote