View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 08:03 PM   #60
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Others Truly Care, Donna...

Dear Donna,

I am so very sorry to hear about Pat passing on. Even though I knew from your posts that this moment was coming. It saddens me deeply that she has had to move on. Yet, surely she is at peace now. Free. And that must bring you much comfort.

I would imagine that Pat's wish for you is to embrace each new day, for her, and for yourself. That would be the greatest of tributes to her. When we love someone, that is what we always want for them -- to find happiness. I understand what a tremendous loss this is for you. May it ease your sorrow to know that Pat still IS. I believe the Soul continues on into a new way of being. In another dimension. And one day, your Soul will be reunited with hers, as you were always meant to be together. So you will be.

I pray you can find the strength to focus on the joy of your special relationship and how fortunate you were to have Pat be such an important part of your life. This is difficult, as we feel the empty space in our heart and naturally long for those we love to remain with us. Pat will always be with you though, and you with her. I feel she is just over your shoulder, a breath away. That you can still talk to her and sense her closeness.

I lost my beloved and dearest friend two years ago and I look up and speak to her often. Somehow a smile always comes to my lips. I think she hears me and knows how deep my love for her is. Pat knows your love as well, I have no doubt.

And how blessed Pat was to have you by her side, in good times and in the most difficult of times. That is a beautiful thing you gave to her. The most loving thing one human being can do for another. To be there in the darkest of times for them. It had to mean the world to her.

Of course you must stay *on board* with us. We are family. No one can understand as well. This home is a wonderful haven we have each discovered. Naturally you cherish this place. And stay close.

My arms are around you, sending you my love,
Andi

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote