View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 11:13 AM   #3
Beverly

Hi Esther,

Glad to hear from you - that was my fist post to the Her2 support group and I wish I had joined earlier.

I really believe in the benefit of Herceptin and feel very fortunate that I have had almost the total recommended regimen. But, the heart risk is real and I guess I will have to see if my symptoms are cardiac or related the port malfunction. My oncologist also mentioned that if my MUGA ever indicated that I was losing ejection
fraction, she would use Tykerb instead. I know from my own research that the FISH test is the best, so far, to indicate true HER2 Neu status, so it sounds like you made the best decision there. When you have your next MUGA, they can tell you what your previous number was and then you can track it. Did your breathlessness start with the Herceptin/Taxol treatment? Is your Herceptin regimen going to be once a week? Mine has been a double strength treatment every two weeks and now I wonder if that was wise. I fogot to mention on my profile that I have been on Femara for the past year but don't think that is related to my new symptoms.

Best Regards,
Beverly is offline   Reply With Quote