View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 08:32 AM   #17
MJo

A good thing happened as a result of my diagnosis -- I started regularly taking antidepressants, after avoiding them for years and trying years of talk therapy. My anxiety went sky high when I was diagnosed and I got on Lexapro. It took about a month to work, but it also integrated into my body. I am not aware of taking the Lexapro. I was aware of the paxil and zoloft. Perhaps that's why I didn't continue on them. I will take lexapro as long as it works. I also have a Xanax prescription and take a small dose when I feel especially anxious. It's not often, thankfully.

I gained 45 pounds during treatment. Possibly the Lexapro contributed. I have lost about 35 pounds on a low-fat diet. When i was in treatment, I lived on ice cream and cheese. I was hungy all the time. Once I lost the weight, I found 10 mg of Lexapro made me sleepy in the morning. I talked to my doctor and we gradually cut back to 5 mg, and I feel pretty good. I have seasonal affective disorder and this time of year I also use the LIghten Up Too light at my desk.

Antidepressants give me a better quality of life. Be good to yourself. Do whatever it takes to recover.

IDC, Stage I, Grade 2
Oncotype DX Score 32
Her2++ E+P+, Node Neg.
Lumpectomy 11/04/05 Clear Margins
3 Dose dense AC (Couldn't tolerate 4)
4 Dose dense Taxol & Herc. (Tolerated well)
36 weeks Herceptin (Could not complete one year due to decrease in MUGA score)
2 years of Arimidex, then three years of Femara
Finished Femara May 2011
MJo is offline   Reply With Quote