View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 06:16 PM   #2
Mary Jo

Hello Kat,

I did not have a recurrence.

I was dx Stage 2B June 24, 2005. Surgery July 28, 2005. Chemo ended Nov. 30, 2005. I received 4 dose dense A/C and 4 dose dense Taxol along with herceptin every 3 weeks for one year.

I am currently a 2 year 5 month survivor. That is 2 years and 5 months from my surgery date. I am 2 years and 1 month off of chemo and 1 year 2 months off of herceptin.

My oncologist does no scans. Symptoms warrant tests. I have had a Pet/CT 1 year ago - normal; I had an abdominal CT (ordered by GI Doc) 3 months ago - normal; I had a transvaginal ultra sound and CA125 done by gyn. a few months ago - normal; and a bone scan done this week - normal.

All these above tests were done because of symptoms. All but the Pet/CT which my radiation onc. ordered "just because he likes to do those after rads are finished."

I did not have any genetic testing done to determine treatment for me. I will be meeting with a genetic counselor January 30th but at this point not sure I will be going through with it. It depends on how our consultation goes. The genetic counselor isn't even sure I will be tested for BRCA 1 or 2. She said we'd discuss that at our consultation. She said my surgeon thought there would be "another mutation" I could have. I will not go that route though. BRCA 1 or 2 yes, because that would benefit sis and neices and I still have my ovaries but anything else, I don't think I care to know.

I will be anxious to read the responses to your post as well. Thanks for an interesting one.

Your "sister" on the journey,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06