View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 05:54 PM   #3
Cynthia

Alice,

I had a recent PET scan that lit up around my thyroid. I of course was quite concerned so I hit the books and learned that the vast majority of thyroid cancers are very easily treated and cured. That gave me some peace of mind (but was of course convinced I had the type that would kill me instantly). I say an endocrinologist who did an ultrasound and a fine needle biopsy. All was fine. They are continuing to watch it (because it showed up on the PET and want to be sure the biopsy wasn't a false negative). I have gone on with life and really give it no thought at all until I have to go in for follow-up ultrasounds. Thyroid nodules are very common and yours is probably nothing, but in order to sleep well at night, you really do need to go and have it checked out.

Please keep us posted. I am looking forward to reading your update that tells us it is nothing at all to worry about.

Stay well,

Cynthia

For what it is worth, when my PET scan came back positive for thyroid, my onc said she very much doubted it would be breast mets. If anything, she thought it could possibly be a new primary tumor, but she really thought it would be nothing.
4 nodes +; High Grade
ER+/PR+
Bilateral Mastectomy; Reconstruction
CAF x 6; Radiation; One Year Late Herceptin
Oophorectomy; Arimidex
Completed E75 Vaccine Trial; Completed E75 Vaccine Booster Series
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote