View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 09:05 AM   #1
madubois63

update on madubois63

Just thought I'd let you all know that I am playing the waiting game right now. I saw the thoracic surgeon on Monday. He said, "If it sounds like hoofs...think horses." So without a biopsy, he's diagnosed me as having metastatic bc again. He said it's not lung cancer because I'm too young(Tell Dana Reeves that), and it's not granulomas even though my immune system is so compromised and this could be a possibility. My onc wants a biopsy to be sure - duh. I have a CAT scan scheduled for tomorrow because the 10 pounds of films I brought to his office weren't enough - ugh. I also have a brain MRI in the morning, but that was already scheduled. The one good thing I did learn at the thoracic's office is that "if" he does a biopsy, it will be the easy one (image guided needle biopsy). No hospital stay - yeah! Now, this is the same guy that told me (while I was still under anesthesia) that the cancer was everywhere. He told my mom it was everywhere. He never wrote any notes in my file and he left the hospital. The nurse and I had no clue as to why my mom was crying...He needed to be hit upside the head with the stupid stick for sure!!! This doc is so gloom and doom, but he really is a good surgeon. So, I see him again on Monday. We should have the CAT scan results by then...Love to you all and thanks for all the prayers.
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver