View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #16
Marlys

Suzanne,
I, too, am triple positive. I was 66 at diagnosis in March, 2005. I had a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy (which was negative) on April13, and again on April 25 for wider margins and to implant a port. My Stage was 1. I had A/C every 3 weeks times 4, rads x 30 , and herceptin every 3 weeks for a year. I also was started on Arimidex ( as I am post-menopausal) which I will take for 5 years. I took to heart every thing I learned on this board. I started taking CoEnzyme Q10 to increase my chances for better cardiac health and my MUGA went from 63 to 71. I complain a lot about my aches and pains from the Arimidex but am grateful to be alive to bitch! I am currently NED and consider myself to be a true survivor. I am trusting of my caretakers and have not felt a need to second guess them for which I am truly grateful. I listen to some of our sisters on this board and thank God I do not have to deal with their oncologists. That said, I hope things goes as well for you as they have for me. I have found strength and hope here and pray that you will, too.
Love & hugs,
Marlys
Marlys is offline   Reply With Quote