View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 07:00 PM   #3
harrie

Hello Anne,
10 months.....does it feel like it is getting better?
The reason I am asking is because there is this condition called post-mastectomy pain syndrome. And it is mainly found in younger people with mastectomies. I am actually writing for my friend. She is 34 yrs old and has been experiencing this for about 1 1/2 yrs. That is how long ago her mastectomy was. She has done quite a lot of research on it and is currently seeing a physical therapist for this pain as well as lymphedema. She is on pain meds on a daily basis. Are you on any pain medication?

She has been intested on contacting others experiencing this same condition. There are not many out there experiencing pain beyond the normal amount for recovery.

My friend is not a member of HER2support. But if you would like to contact her, I am sure I can arrange an exchange of emails or whatever the two of you would like to do. She lives in So California and is a really nice person and very well informed. She was one of my main supports this past yr when I had my mastectomy and chemo.

I hope your pain diminishes on its own and you become fully recovered.

By the way, she said clothes really bothered her also. Not only the bra which she would take off asap, but even like a t-shirt rubbing against it would cause considerable pain. Even a sheet on the bed can not rub against it.

Maryanne

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote