View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 07:19 AM   #72
Mary Anne in TX

I wish I had more faith in my ability to "catch those early symtoms", but I'm the one who thought my tumor was shrinking on Adriamycin and Taxotere and they were doubling in size! I have no faith in my ability to "catch" anything! I am so suggestable! I believed they would shrink so I "felt" they were! I don't like waiting to know what the markers are and I don't think they are always "right on", but they are the best I have at the present time. I believe that they will replace them with something really right on some day soon, but til then, I'll hate them for not being more accurate and love them for standing beside my "suggestable" mind!
When I hear you talk about your monthly self-exams, I feel a bit of jealousy for your confidence in doing so. I don't trust myself at all! But I do them. Thanks to all for being willing to share your thoughts, and fight for your beliefs! I think that some of the "strong feelings" are about how responsible we each feel for the "newbies" to this site. We so want to help to "save" a sister!
Well, enough for now. I sure do love you guys and thank you for being exactly who each of you are...strong willed, hard-headed, determined to stop ol BC in it's tracks! Believing in the victory, mary anne

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote