Thread: tests
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 06:28 AM   #8
madubois63

I've had routine scans for 3 years straight and was bonkers long before that started. My brain MRI is done once a year as is the bone. I am allergic to the CAT scan contrast dye, so I have to get pre-medicated (prednisone, tagamet and benydryl) before every scan. The PET and CAT are done every three months. I also get a MUGA (aka gated pool - for the heart) and a bone density scan. I am not on any treatments besides anti-hormonal (Femara) and anti-rejection meds (for the bone marrow transplant), so I haven't had a MUGA since the transplant. I believe every doctor and every situation is different. In my case, the scans every three months were started to monitor the response to chemo. Then the leukemia came along and the rules changed. I had to prove my NEDship from BC in order to get the treatment for leukemia, so the scans had to continue (and new tests added). Then they were looking for different things. My bc onc gave me the last set of scans off, but it is time again. Making appointments today - ugh!
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver