View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 02:57 AM   #4
KellyA

Hi there,

Sorry I didn't get back yesterday. I still don't have a definitive answer. My doc called me to say he thinks its my gallbladder, but doesn't see anything on the ultrasound that suggests it should be removed. Most bloodwork is in, and all is good, with the exception of my markers, which we should know today. I feel about 75% better- no severe pain anymore, just like I have been kicked in the side and feel very bruised. Back pain is minimal. Here's the trick- I haven't eaten, really. Just tried some toast and some jello. Within 5 minutes I was sorry. If I am on empty, I am MUCH improved. Have lost about 6 lbs since Sat. or Sun. Here's the plan- if I am not markedly improved by tomorrow, or at least able to eat bland foods without much pain, he is going to order a petscan. Mostly for 1 reason- don't know if you remember that they are "watching" a spot on my rib that hads been there since Jan. They think its nothing- its right under my implant on my non-cancerous side and has stayed the same with no change on three separate bonescans in addition to coming up negative on a CT. Both he and myself think it is unrelated (its much higher up and away from the bulk of the pain and I don't think it would affect me this way), but we would rule it out anyways to be safe. Markers have all been good (20, 24, 17- in that order since Jan.) and hopefully the one that should be in today will be too.

So if that all happens, and all comes out ngeative, he's referring me to a Gastro guy to get to the bottom of all of it. I did have some stomach issues about ten years ago, but this seems much much different. So in a nutshell, we still think its gallbladder, but might need to do some more tests. Don't know why, but I do feel so muc better, that I might pass on the petscan for now. ADVICE PEASE. I've been a "so in the know" person until now, that this surprises me. I really don't think its (the spot) related, but I do think that that is opening up a whole new can of worms and not sure I want to.

Thank you all for your support. I couldn't imagine going through this without the support of everyone here. Paul is still away-don't know when he'll be back and the kids are driving me NUTS- MY kids and my "work" kids!!!! :-) I am exhausted. Don't they know when to misbehave and when not to?!?!

Love, Kelly
Stage 2b, 2 tumors- 2.2 cm and 0.6 cm, 3/5 + nodes
all scans clear
genetic testing- negative
06/06 began dd A/C x 4, 12 weekly Taxols w/ Herceptin
30 rads
Herceptin weekly x 1 year
Herceptin completed 08/07
Port removed 12/26/07 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
05/17/08 Two year anniversary NED

"We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing that you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

KellyA is offline   Reply With Quote