View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 04:00 PM   #13
Susan M(PA)

Just to clarify my post on ipecac...
The ipecac I'm referring to is NOT full strength, yes full strength is used to induce vomiting. Homeopathic ipecac from Boiron is a minute dose, so the effect is the reverse, alleviating nausea if it works. Homeopathy refers to "like curing like" All the Boiron homeopathics and anything purely homeopathic will come with a dose as 6x,30c, etc.
These are extremely tiny doses, extracted down from larger dose,
derived from plants and minerals.
Digitalis is modern day homoepathic use of the plant foxglove, which is lethal at large doses.

I encourage anyone to research homeopathics, they can be
a wonderful, safe help to side effects. It's been around for over
a 100 years. In fact homeopathic was THE medicine at the turn of the century. Allopathic medicine ran it off the map,
although the rebellious wives of allopthic docs at the turn of the century were still taking their children to the homeopaths, because they
believed it was safer and more effective. The history is fascinating,
but we still do not really know why homeopathy helps,
so it continues to be controversial.

I was fortunate to work with a local MD for three years who decided to treat homeopathically for chronic conditions. I learned a great deal
from the experience.

Just a little bit of personal history...
I have 20 years of fighting very disabling chronic Lyme disease, symptoms often worse than chemo side effects. Nearly everyday of it
has felt like a flu or cold, often with more intolerable pain, brain fog and depression. Requiring heavy antibiotics to make life bearable. I was misdiagnosed for over six years. My husband and sole caregiver also has
chronic Lyme, and has been recently been diagnosed with early diabetes. So even though I don't post here often for obvious reasons, I think I have a lot to offer. I suppose I should post my story, but honestly I don't know where I would begin. I've only given the highlights. More docs than I can count, most have dismissed or run from my case, but I've met some exceptional docs along the way.

Sorry to all, if I don't explain everything well, I'm just trying to be brief and helpful at the same time. Like everyone, I'm doing the best I can. Please folks, reread the posts before replying, better yet ask for a clarification before hitting the send.

Best wishes to all,

Susan M(PA)
Susan M(PA) is offline   Reply With Quote