View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 05:55 PM   #8
Susan M(PA)

Flori,
I recalled the tea for nausea, it's Jason Winter's tea, herbal, carried in most
health food stores. I agree with ginger.. I've tried grated ginger root
and capsules andginger beer, but a little Canada Dry gingerale is what does the trick.
I gave up soda over 25 years ago, due to migraines, so this is a huge
compromise for me.

Becca,
I also rarely post, and I have to agree with your comments. I also believe
we're not getting the true picture on this forum or most , because we all realize the fears that are associated with the disease and complaints of treatment.

I think this board has a high level of formal education, most are insured, and have access to treatments for the many side effects, and maybe more family support. I have been to BC boards which I would call "raw", most members are severely lacking in support and finances and may have other untreated diseases. So there is more "complaining" along with untreated anxiety and depression, than I find here.

I've led support groups for chronic Lyme disease for many years.
I found those that attend often have a great deal of formal education
and almost all are insured. The uninsured don't usually attend more than meeting.
In my opinion, because they could not afford the treatment recommendations discussed, or just don't feel they fit in. The best Lyme docs are very expensive and do not accept insurance, so even the insured cannot always afford good care.
Very sad situation.

Like you, I'm very grateful for all the wonderful support here.
Thank you, Joe and Christine and all the fighting survivors!

Susan M(PA)
dx March 2002 with Her2 +++, ER & PR neg, lung mets at dx, and currently.
Responded to chemos of Taxotere/Adriamycin, later Navelbine with Herceptin.
Able to stop treatments for 1-2 years and remain stable. Will be starting Tykerb/Xeloda this week.
Susan M(PA) is offline   Reply With Quote