View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 06:01 PM   #7
Becca

lots of nausea for me too

I have never posted before but have followed this site for 18 months or more. I learn so much from you gals--my onc is often surprised. I am shy or lazy about posting, but have just gotten to know you all without letting you know. Many times I have almost posted, but got too busy or tired, etc.

I have been on T/X for over 6 months and it has been hard chemo combination for me--lots of nausea, some vomiting, heartburn, diarhea, low blood counts, inflamation around the nails, etc. I have been in wonder about you gals who have had so few side effects. Finally last cycle was easier and I thought my body was getting used to T/X. The present cycle is a hard one again. Puzzling. I deal with nausea on and off through the day--try to sneak in food when I am distracted--like watching tv. I have given up most cooking--the smells and sight of food are too much. Perhaps there are other gals out there with lots of side effects and they have not mentioned it because it sounds like complaining or they can't understand why they are having a rough time while many of you are breezing through it. That's I how I have felt. I do not want to scare anyone just starting T/X about my side effects because many of you have so few.

Well, to briefly intoduce myself, I am Becca. I went 7 years without a recurrence and have now for almost 2 years been dealing with involved lymph nodes in the abdomen and some in the hip bone area. I am presently having radiation to the hips. This is a wonderful sight,glad to know all of you.
Becca is offline   Reply With Quote