Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 01:07 PM   #153
Hazel Joyce

Another RN to add to the mix! I've been a nurse for 30 years. Most of my career was spent working 11pm to 7am. 14 years working at a hospital, then 10 years working in a nursing home. I went back to hospital nursing 3 months before I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I took an LOA during A/C, went back after 3 doses of Taxol/H, then threw in the towel several weeks later. I haven't worked since June 2007.
I have been married for 11 years. We were married on the 10th anniversary of the day we met. He is my soul-mate and best friend. We have a blended family of 4 kids, ages 28-35. We have 4 grandkids who live nearby. The only "child" we have together is our boy Emerson, a 5 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. He and I hike in the woods and walk on the beach. He is the cutest little thing!
I have a collection of dolls and spend a lot of time on doll message boards and ebay. I really enjoy the internet.
Right now I'm busy with Herceptin, doctors' appointments, scans, etc. Sudoko and light reading fit well into my hectic schedule. I just started taking a fitness class at the cancer center. I have really gotten out of shape since all this commotion started!

Nice to have met all of you!
3 cm tumor, 8 cancerous lymph nodes
Grade 3, ER/PR -, HER-2/neu +++ (by FISH, average 20 copies per cell)
A/C x 4, Taxol x 12, Herceptin x 47 weeks
35 radiation treatments
Completed treatment on April 3, 2008
Chest port removed October 2009
11 years since diagnosis NED
Hazel Joyce is offline   Reply With Quote