View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 07:35 PM   #36
Gerri

I recorded it and watched it yesterday. I thought Kris was delightful and upbeat in spite of facing unknown odds with such a rare cancer. This documentary was a video diary of HER life with HER type of cancer and the people she interacted with. She doesn't have a pink ribbon symbolizing her disease or millions of people rallying around raising money for a cure. She had to search on her own to find a doctor who was familiar with her type of cancer. I didn't come away with the impression that eating healthy and drinking wheat grass (or stuffing it) is what stablized her disease. Rather, I think she tried to be proactive and do SOMETHING until her tumor advanced to the point where her doctor thought treatment was warranted. Don't we all do the same thing? Vitamins, supplements, avoid this, try that, we'll do anything if we think it will help fight this beast. The fact that she did not have surgery or go through chemotherapy in my mind does not diminish the anguish she too faces fighting for her life. Cancer is UGLY no matter what part of the body it attacks.

I commend her for her courage. What a beautiful spirit!
ER+ (30%) /PR+ (50%), HER2+++
AC X 4 dose dense, Taxol X 4 dose dense
Herceptin started with 2nd Taxol, given weekly until chemo done
then given every 3 weeks for one year ending on March 16, 2007
Radiation 30 treatments
Tamoxifen - 2 yrs (pre-menopausal)
May 2008 - Feb 2012 Femara
Aug 2008 - Feb 2012 Zometa every 6 months
March 2012 - Stop Femara, now Evista for bone strengthening
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look
back and realize they were the big things.
- Robert Brault
Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote