View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 08:43 AM   #1
Faith in Him

Smile Eternally Gateful

As some of you may realize from reading my posts, I'm on an emotional roller coaster. Today, however, I am overflowing with graditude.

Tomorrow I will celebrate my 38th birthday. 38! Seven months ago after hearing the words "you have cancer", then surgery and a bad path report, I was sure I was not going to be around much longer. There were some very dark days.

Then I found hope through others who were not only surviving but living full lives. I found this web site, more hope.

During this very short journey, I have seen my daughter turn 9. My son has graduated from kindergarten. I have seen the birth of a new baby to family members. I have loved and laughed and cried buckets of tears.

Tomorrow I will not check for gray hairs or wrinkles. I will not complain about getting older. I will rejoice! I will hold my children close, enjoy a wonderful day with my husband, tell my mom how wonderful she has been to me during my cancer and all of my life.

And I am eternally grateful to all the herceptin heroes who came before me, to all the tykerb tigers, and for all the women who were and still are in clinical trials. For all the women on this site. Thank you for hope. Thank you for days like tomorrow.
03/07 CT & Bone scan - Clear
AC x 4, Taxol x 4, Added Herceptin
Radiation until 09/07
Herceptin every 3 weeks until 06/08
01/10/08 local recurrence -IBC
01/28/08 CT & Brain MRI - clear
02/08 - Navelbine & Herceptin
05/08 -MRM
05/08 - Gemzar & Herceptin - didn't work
09/08 - Hyperthermia rads
03/09 - Tykerb/Xeloda
05/10 - Tram flap to fix wound