View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 11:53 PM   #1
Chelee

Unhappy Upper back/spine pain? (Mets?)

I had an appt this last Monday with my onc. I mentioned my upper back pain which is exactly in the MIDDLE of my back where my bra strap hooks. Its *bone* pain. I did alot of research online about upper back pain and what causes it? I find its *not* very common to have upper back/thoratic pain. Since its actually my spine that hurts its has me concerned. I'm sure you know what crosses my mind.

It constantly hurts and it never goes away. My last PET/CT was in 5-7-07...both scans were clean. Do you think in just 3 months I could have bone mets? Maybe the PET/CT missed it? The ONLY other thing I can think that's different is I had that prophylactic mastectomy in March. So I have been trying to convince myself NOW that BOTH breast are gone its thrown my body off balance and is the cause of this pain?

This is the 1st time my onc actually suggested a MRI of my back WITHOUT me having to ask. (A shock!) I thought she would go CHEAP and say x-rays. I also told her I've had a BAD headache for a month & I was due for a brain MRI 2 months ago. So NOW I have to WAIT till 9-10-07 to get both MRI's. I get both the SAME day thank goodness. I pray they come back clean. Does anyone know if you can have mets to bone so quickly? I was just scanned in May...but had my prophylactic mastectomy in March as I mentioned. My spine pain started about a month & 1/2 ago. Could the PET of missed it? Any encouraging words?

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote