View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 01:25 PM   #7
caya

I have the radiologist report

I am posting some of the report, if anyone out there would like to give an opinion/information,please do so:

1. Left Breast Mammogram - Findings:

Post reduction heterogeneously dense breast parenchyma is noted and this may lower the sensitivity of the mammogram.. Multiple nodularities are detected in the left breast upper outer quadrant, the largest one measures about 3.3 cm x 4 cm. in size. No definite suspicious microcalcifications are noted in the left breast.

Impression: Several nodular masses in the left breast upper outer quadrant, probably benign cysts.

They wanted to see my pre-operative mammos, which I sent down. Here is the Addendum:

The nodularity in the left breast in the upper lateral part is now more marked than on previous left mammogram. Again this finding suggests the presence of cysts but this can be confirmed with a left breast ultrasound.

So I am going down Monday morning at 8:30 a.m. for the U/S. I also spoke with the onc. on call, who looked over the report and assured me that as this is the first post-reduction mammo they have nothing to compare it to, it would be highly unlikely for this to be a new BC, right after chemo etc. She also agreed with me about getting a breast MRI. The BS's sec. called me back to say my surgeon suggested on Monday to speak directly with the radiologist to ask for the MRI.

I have since spoken with 2 friends who have had breast reductions, one is a 10 year BC survivor (lumpectomy). They both told me that they have issues nearly every time, get called back. The survivor friend said she's been called back 3 times over the years, has had to have the breast U/S.

So in general I feel that this is really nothing, but again, until I get the final word... I will speak to the radiologist after the U/S - I think the U/S will be okay, but I will still push for the MRI. I am getting this all done at Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto - which is the #1 cancer hospital in Canada, right up there with Sloan and M.D. Anderson. So I have to think that the equipment and the drs. are top-notch.

Thanks for all your input and support.

Caya
MRM Dec.18/06
3 x FEC, 3 x Taxotere
Herceptin - every 3 weeks for a year, finished May 8/08

Tamoxifen - 2 1/2 years
Femara - Jan. 1, 2010 - July 18, 2012
BRCA1/BRCA2 Negative
Dignosed 10/16/06, age 48 , premenopausal
Mild lymphedema diagnosed June 2009 - breast surgeon and lymph. therapist think it's completely reversible - hope so.
Reclast infusion January 2012
Oopherectomy October 2013
15 Years NED!!
caya is offline   Reply With Quote