View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #10
Barbara2

Arimidex/Weight Gain...Herceptin, too

On the sheet that comes with Arimidex (from the pharmacy), weight gain is not included as a side effect, but I have often wondered if it does cause weight gain.

Then I've wondered about Herceptin, too, as I gained about 20 pounds during the year of taking the treatment (not knocking either drug, though, as they have done wonders for so many...). At that time, weight gain had not been listed as a side effect of herceptin, but I know that many women from this site have reported weight gain from that drug.

I've not been successful at taking any of the weight off. I need to try harder, I know. I do quite a bit of walking, too....

I also have old bones now. Stiff, especially after getting out of bed or up from a chair. After about 10 steps I get back to a normal gait. I have off and on aches all over my body. When it gets to be too much, I take Motrin. When going for long walks, I can move right a long, but after getting home the bones go back to the same old same old.

DX Oct 02 @ age 52 Stage 2B Grade 3 Mastectomy
"at least" 4.5 cm IDC 1+node ER+61% /PR-
Assiciated Intraductual component with Comedo Necrosis
Her2+ FISH8.6 IHC 2+
5 1/2 CEF Arimidex
Celebrex 400mg daily for 13 months
Prophylactic mastectomy
Estradiol #: 13
PTEN positive, "late" Herceptin (26 months after chemo)
Oct 05: Actonel for osteopenia from Arimidex.
May 08: Replaced Actonel with Zometa . Taking every 6
months.

Accepting the gift of life, I give thanks for it and live it in fullness.

Last edited by Barbara2; 08-18-2007 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: Needed to add a thought
Barbara2 is offline   Reply With Quote