View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 09:47 AM   #70
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink I Did Not Disappear...

HELLO AGAIN! I did not disappear. Sorry. Been tending to my husband. His agonizing and extreme case of Shingles -- beginning May 29 -- spiraled into a long adventure of collapsing backward, momentarily losing consciousness, breaking his foot, going to the emergency room, having Brain CT and then Brain MRI, being kept overnight (taken off certain nerve pain that created dizziness, confusion, garbled speech). Dehydration also contributed to his staggering, knee-buckling state (couldn/t/wouldn't eat or drink due to intense pain and suffering). Then a urinary tract infection turned out to be urine retention and an enlarged prostate that created an urgent need to see a find a urologist and be catheterized. Put back on alpha blocker that he had taken for yrs without episode but had stopped for 3 days in accordance w/doc's recommendation. Dizziness, knee-buckling falling backward recurred. Eyes fluttering, confused, speech garbled again. I called 911 and asked for an ambulance. That was Monday night. He is fine now. We are again home from the hospital. Paul's been taken off the alpha blocker and put on new med to do its' job heart-wise and keep urine flowing as well. Seeing urologist this afternoon for follow up. Seeing orthopedist Monday for follow up. Seeing cardiologist in 2 wks for follow up. We are shaken but we are forging ahead with prayers and love. So I haven't caught up on my 141 emails and am slowly plodding on to pick up where I left off. Which was about a wk ago, I think. My head is awhirl.

Just read Leslie post and I am in love w/her. I am getting to replies to other posts and messages slowly but surely, w/determination. Want to meet Leslie and Vickie and have lunch. I adore you both. Couldn't agree w/you more. Will also begin my homework assignment and click on the links provided. They are soooo fascinating. Actually reading what my heart tells me is True, seeing the words of my thoughts in black and white, written my some one else is a mind-blowing experience!

Love to all my Soul Sisters, as always. OH, BTW -- midst all this I had a 7AM mammogram last wk and I am NORMAL. Scans on the 28th. No time for the usual jitters prescan, called INSCANITY by some one on this board, which I relate totally to. I'm busy focusing on my Paul and sending my prayers out into the Universe for him. So, if some one reads this and has a moment, send a prayer for the 28th to result in SAME DAY "STABLE" RESULTS (chest/abd/pelv). ANDI
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote