View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 10:29 PM   #20
JEANB

Thumbs up Good news with Tykerb

Hi you guys, I just wanted to share my good news with the Tykerb/Xeloda drug combo. A little history ...I became stage 4 last July with extensive liver mets over 70%..My tumor marker Ca 27/29 was 1149,,my bile duct was completely obstructed and I became jaundice, had terrible itching, lost weight, etc..this occurred rapidly, over a 3 week period. At first, my bilirubin was too high to get chemo, topped out at 9.3. We tried liver stents several times and I even had to have a drainage tube inserted into my gallbladder to drain out bile. I carried around a drain bag for 3 months.This worked and I was able to get Gemzar/Herceptin which eventually brought my markers down to 80. My markers started to increase in March and went up to 123 at last check 5 weeks ago.
I started Tykerb (5 pills 1250) and Xeloda (7 pills 3500mg) just 4 weeks ago. My tumor marker has dropped 50 points..I'm at 73 now, lower than ever.I'm so happy with this drug combo!! I did have some severe dryness however, (face peeling and so thirsty) a slight rash and I got the diarrhea which is unusual for me. My doc lowered my Tykerb by one pill so we will see how that goes.
Rock on Tykerb..love these results!!

JB

Inflammatory Breast Cancer 2003
A/C Taxol dose dense regimen
6 weeks radiation
1 year Herceptin
NED for 2 years and 4 months
Recurrence in July 2006 with extensive liver mets over 70%, tumor obstructing bile duct-gallbladder, mets to spine and pelvis, abdominal lymph nodes enlarged, mass on pancreas.
Hospice called in until Gemzar and Herceptin started in Aug. 2006
May 2007 pet scan shows only 1 liver lesion 1.1 cm. bone mets gone, no enlarged lymph nodes.
June 2007-Switch to Tykerb/Xeloda because markers increased
Sept 2007-tumor marker 357-2.4 cm mass on pancreas,1 cm lesion on thyroid, duodenum and more liver mets.--switch to abraxane/carboplatin/herceptin and doing much better
JEANB is offline   Reply With Quote