View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #16
lu ann

Thanks for all of your replies....

....I'm feeling much better today. I went to church. out for lunch, and a drive to the country side.

The home procedure I'm having done is brand new. The home drainage kit is from Denver Biomedical and the kit is called Pleur x. You can go on line if you are interested in watching the video. I don't know the web-site or link.

I appreciate the votes of confidence. I thought I was near the end of the road 3 years ago, but I am still here.

The drainage is done 2 times a week or as needed. It's quite a detailed procedure. Everything is packed in a sterile bag for single use. It is uncomfortable but should ease up over time.

A visiting nurse will do the procedure until my husband is at ease doing it himself.

R.B., what is the best omega three I can purchase?

Stephanie, I was on cytoxin, 5fu, and methotrexate for 6 months when I was dx. 16 years ago with stage 1. Since the reoccurrance I have been on taxol, carboplatin, herceptin, zometa, navlebine, gemsar, xeloda, and doxil. I had rad. tx. to spine, and mediastynime at Cancer Treatment Centers in Zion. Ill. I also had rad. tx. to my hip, femur, and knee last November at University Hospital in Cleve. Ohio.

I have a neuropathy condition which they think is seperate from the lung issue that I am also to have tests for. We will meet with the med. onc. Friday to discuss her game plan. I'm not sure how active the cancer is growing in the pleural cavity, but my tests showed improvement with the doxil.

Loli, Tykerb and xeloda or herceptin was what we discussed prior to surgery. Once we find out if I need rad. tx. to the neck area for an enlarged lymph node, I can finish 2 more rounds of doxil then the tykerb combo.

I appreciate all of your posts and I am not giving up.

Happy Mothers Day
Dear Friends.
Love, Lu Ann
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote