View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 09:45 PM   #4
mindersue

Hi Krista,

Sounds like you've done your homework and are ready! I see a UCLA onc and he recommended TCH for me. I took Emend and Reglan (and infused Aloxi) for anti-nausea, worked great. My Carboplatin dose was reduced a little bit each time and eliminated for my final round due to low platelets. You'll probably get Neulasta for wbc and Aranesp (or Procrit?) for rbc. Nothing can be done for platelets, though.

I had chemo on Thursdays and was worthless over the weekend. Felt better by Monday, but had zero energy. Each day that passed I gained energy and by one week after chemo I was walking for exercise and feeling much better. Hopefully you can will be able to work a little bit between chemo rounds.

The only other things I'd add to your list of stuff to get would be a good scent-free moisturizer and a good lip balm.

One more note, it took about a year after my last chemo for my rbc and platelets to rebound back to normal. Still waiting on my wbc. I can't speak on fertility after chemo. I've been blessed with two kids (now 11 & 9) and won't be having anymore. My son was 7 when I was diagnosed. It was difficult for him, things just weren't normal. The hardest part for him was my baldness.

Wishing you peace, love and strength as you fight this. I hope you'll keep us updated!

-Mindy
ER +, PR +, Her2 +
TCH, radiation, Lupron/Aromasin
mindersue is offline   Reply With Quote