View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 11:51 PM   #16
Chelee

That certainly clears things up. Especially Christine's post. I knew about the FinHer study & I thought that was the one my onc was referring to without actually naming it. When I asked her directly she said there has been other *studies* (As in more then one.) and the way she worded it was to imply 9 wks has proven to be as good as a year. I just wanted to make sure I *didn't* miss something on this. I was very disappointed when they didn't release results this yr at the ASCO like we were told they would.

Now after reading Barbara's post where she was NICE enough to share her discussion with Dr. Pegram with us. I see she asked about maintenance herceptin. I noticed he said one yr *should* be enough. He even mentioned the fact that 9 wks might be as good as a year. (Although he still mentioned how small that study was and they are currently doing 6 months verses 12 I believe it was.) I did see he mentioned the the results from the HERA study won't be available till 2009 now. It keeps getting pushed further back.

I am still going to go to my 2nd opinion as I have lots of other questions that my onc is just NOT going to answer. Last time I went to this other place for a 2nd opinion I got ALL my questions anwered...it was a nice change. So yes Chrisy...that is exactly what I am going to do. I will still get their opinion on the herceptin...but I have quite a few other questions I feel I need answered and soon. This other place was great last time I went up there.

Thanks again to all of you for your replies and links to information.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote