View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 03:13 PM   #116
Marily

Congestive Heart Failure

Hello Vickismom, hope I got that right??
I went into Congestive Heart Failure and went down to 21%. My cardiologist put me on medications and we gave it a rest with the Herceptin for about 8 weeks. We redid the muga and they watched and worked on my medication to correct the hearts problems. I now take 50mg Coreg twice a day (strengthens the heart) I was on Digitalis to help the heart pump better but off that now. I take Diovan and Furosamide which take out the excess fluid so the heart does not have to work so hard. I am doing fine and this last muga I was back up to 60% but it has taken me a couple years to achieve that. I was carefully watched on the Herceptin by my cardiologist and am doing fine now. during that time they also found I had sleep apnea, so I have a cpap machine and oxygen throughout the night. I seem to be walking and breathing fine. Get a good cardiologist on your team.. it makes all the difference in the world.
Hugs and good luck,
Marily
oh and I was on Herceptin about 31/2 years when this happened so watch carefully it does not always show dammage at an early time!
Marily is offline   Reply With Quote